We recommend you start prepping for the day 30 minutes prior to when you plan on starting to cook each day! To streamline the prep process for you, we've put together this essentials checklist for you to follow.
Step 1: Inventory Management
- Monitor your inventory daily. Make sure it's set to the number you'd like at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Currently, if a customer orders for a future date, your inventory will deplete for the current day as well. Please watch and adjust your inventory accordingly in the original Cookin Cook App.
- As demand grows, identify your popular items and stock them to match demand. i.e. if a salad is a popular add on to your mains, ensure you have enough salads to go with every main you have available.
Step 2: Getting Organized
- Know your recipes - necessary ingredients, cookware, and prep times.
- Prepare your ingredients - clean, chop, organize, etc.
- Prepare your work station - clean, set oven temp, boil water, etc.
- Arrange your tools - kitchen equipment, Cookin bags, totes, notecards (pre-write), containers.
- Label all pre-order bags with the name and order number in advance of opening.
- Prepare your notecards with the pre-order customer names before you open your kitchen.
- Lay out the required containers for your pre-ordered dishes/ pack items that can be pre-packaged.
|Scenario: Your customer has selected a delivery window of 6:00PM - 6:30PM|
- You should aim to have it in their home by 6:00PM to allow for driver delays and discrepancies. In this case, the order should be picked up by a driver by 5:30PM. For a dish that takes about 30 minutes to prepare and package, food prep should start at 4:55PM.
- Have your Cookin bag packed and ready for the driver by 5:25PM.
- Select “Order Completed” on the Retool Cook App once the driver picks up your order.